Learn about the history of Sainte Marguerite en Provence
Established in 1929, Sainte Marguerite en Provence was acquired in 1977 by Brigitte and Jean-Pierre Fayard, who were quick to realise the potential of wines from Provence.
From just seven hectares in 1977, the Sainte Marguerite en Provence vineyard has expanded significantly, notably encompassing nearly 200 hectares in the finest terroirs of the Côtes-de-Provence AOC and has maintained Cru Classe Distinction since 1955.
Guided by a vision both creative and entrepreneurial, two generations of the family were ever more exacting in their quest for excellence, with the objective of producing the very finest Provence wines.
The parcels situated in the remarkable coastal terroir of La Londe overlook the three islands known as the Iles d’Or: Porquerolles, Port-Cros and Le Levant. The immediate proximity of the islands and the Mediterranean creates a beneficial micro-climate, with mild winters, very low rainfall and significant amounts of sunshine.
Above all, the sea spray wafts through the vines, offering respite from the summer heat and lending the wine a subtle saline quality.